Web services took the Join & Gift application flexibility to a new level. Clubs now able to create their own Join and My Account (including renew, add/upgrade, manage ACCR, etc.) web applications. They could add a join function to an entirely different application. They can create tablet/kiosk versions or integrate with Drupal commerce. Partners could embed join in their own applications, so their customers could join to get member discounts right away.
A simpler and more immediate application is to add member information such as AAA/CAA dollars earned to the club’s marketing website.
Clubs have so many more opportunities.
During this project we've:
- Replaced the old Join Drupal front end with one using web forms instead of blocks.
- Replaced the current Join back end with one that
- Works with the new Drupal Join front end, and
- Provides web services that clubs and third parties may use to implement their own Join web applications.
- Enhanced the current My Account 2.0 back end to provide fully tested web services.
- Built upon Campana and payment APIs.
- Delivered sufficient documentation to allow clubs to integrate the web services into their own applications.
- Incorporated sufficient validation and security as required by a web service.
- Delivered the application with the test tool to allow clubs to interrogate the web services to confirm they are functioning as expected.